The summer transfer window is here, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: PSG seek €50m for Kimpembe deal
The Ligue 1 side are willing to move on the 26-year-old centre-back, who came through the clubs academy before making his professional debut for PSG in 2015, and it is reported that there is interest from both Juventus and Chelsea.
Kimpembe has been a key player in recent seasons, having made 30 appearances in Ligue 1 last year, while he is also a regular in the France national team. He could be open to a Premier League switch to Stamford Bridge, where Thomas Tuchel is looking to reinforce a defensive line that has lost Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger, while there is also uncertainty over whether Cesar Azpilicueta will remain in London.
And amid speculation that Juventus could part ways with Matthijs de Ligt, who has also been linked with Chelsea, Kimpembe could be his successor at the Allianz Stadium if the club open negotiations at PSG’s starting point.
09.01 BST: Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of Richarlison from Everton, it was announced on Friday.
Sources told ESPN on Thursday that Spurs were closing in on signing the Brazilian striker for a club-record fee in the region of £60m. ESPN also reported that Spurs are likely to pay an initial £50m with as much as £10m in add-ons.
Richarlison, 25, scored 10 goals and assisted five times in 30 Premier League games for Everton last season, as the club narrowly avoided relegation with a 16th-placed finish. He scored 53 times in 152 appearances for the Merseyside club since joining in 2018 from Watford — who are due to receive 10% of any fee over £40m for the striker.
Richarlison joins Spurs as their fourth summer signing, alongside Fraser Forster, Ivan Perisic and Yves Bissouma.
09.00 BST: Neymar is considering leaving Paris Saint-Germain this summer, sources told ESPN, after finding out the club are happy for him to depart.
Contact has been made with Chelsea, one of the few clubs capable of recruiting Neymar, due to new owner Todd Boehly wanting to make a big statement in the transfer market this summer.
Meanwhile, Brazil teammate and close friend Thiago Silva has spoken in favour of Neymar joining him at Stamford Bridge. However, it remains to be seen if Chelsea and Thomas Tuchel are keen to recruit the 30-year-old.
Neymar’s agent, Pini Zahavi, is working to identify other potential suitors but he is aware only two or three teams would be able to come close to the money that Neymar earns at PSG.
08.39 BST: Barcelona have made a third bid worth more than €40m for striker Robert Lewandowski but have received no response from Bayern Munich, sources have told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.
Lewandowski, 33, said in May that his “story at Bayern is over” and wishes to leave the club he enters the final year of his contract, which expires in 2023.
Barca have made the Poland striker their top target this summer, with coach Xavi Hernandez confirming in May that he was hopeful of completing a deal. However, the Catalan club have so far failed to get Bayern to engage in negotiations over a potential transfer.
Sources told ESPN last week that Barca’s opening bid did not reach €40m, but their latest offer is worth over that amount, including the fixed fee and add-ons.
Bayern chief executive Oliver Kahn has publicly insisted that they plan to keep Lewandowski and that he is expected back in for preseason training on July 12.
Lewandowski, who has scored 344 goals in 375 games with Bayern, remains on holiday in Spain with his family. On Wednesday, photographs revealed both he and Barca coach Xavi were at Lio, an exclusive port-side club on the island of Ibiza.
08.00 BST: Paris Saint-Germain have signed the highly-rated Portugal midfielder Vitor “Vitinha” Ferreira from Porto, the French champions announced on Thursday.
PSG triggered the player’s €40m release clause to see off competition from Premier League clubs and land the 22-year-old.
Vitinha, 22, has put pen to paper on a five-year deal. The Portugal international had a starring role at Porto, starting in 27 league games to help the Dragoes win the league title last season.
Craig Burley speaks about Romelu Lukaku’s time at Chelsea and his return to Inter Milan on loan.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– PSG are looking to push through a move for Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The two clubs have been locked in talks in recent weeks, with PSG having identified the 27-year-old Slovakia international centre-back as a key target this summer.
– Sergio Romero is keen on a return to Old Trafford, reports Manchester Evening News. Despite leaving Manchester United last year, it is understood that the 35-year-old Venezia goalkeeper is interested in returning to the club as a back-up to David de Gea. New coach Erik ten Hag is currently looking for an alternative option with Dean Henderson moving closer to a loan switch to Nottingham Forest.
– AC Milan are interested in landing Neymar, according to UOL Esporte. Amid reports that PSG would be prepared to allow the Brazil international to leave on loan if they cannot reach an agreement over a permanent move, the Rossoneri are hopeful that the Parc des Princes hierarchy would be willing to offer them a “goodwill” deal to make the move possible. The 30-year-old forward contributed to 19 goals in 22 Ligue 1 games last season.
– Nice are on the lookout for a goalkeeper this summer, and they are looking to see whether they can secure a move for Borussia Monchengladbach star Yann Sommer, reveals Gianluca Di Marzio. The 33-year-old Switzerland international is reported to be on the top of the Ligue 1 club’s shortlist, and it looks as though they will look to take advantage of his contract situation, with just one year remaining on the deal he signed back in 2019.
– Arturo Vidal has received a formal contract offer from Boca Juniors, according to TYC Sports. The Argentina-based outlet reports that he has been offered a three-year deal that starts with an initial 18 months before an option clause provides the possibility of extending it to three years. The 35-year-old midfielder became a free agent after his contract expired with Inter on Thursday.